dinsdag 9 september 2008

Arrival

A short summary of last days:

Saturday 6 september:
Today is the day, I will leave Holland for 5 months! To be honest first I was looking forward to it, but how nearer it came how difficult I become to find it. After saying goodbye to my family/friends the day before my parents took me to Brussel where I will fly from . The departure was on 13:10 and arrival 14:10 ( Morocco time, it is here 2 hours earlier). After inchecking I'd say goodbye to my parents, did I mention how difficult it was for me to pack only 25 kilo for 5 months??? That's why during packing my bags I came to the next assumption: I will be shopping allot coming 5 months :D! When I arrived in Tanger ( North Morocco) my uncle was waiting for me, because Kenitra the place where I will stay is about 200 kilometres from Tanger. After I had arrived at my uncle's house ( this is where I will stay coming 5 months) the first thing I did was putting down my stuff, and I thought about how different it will be living 5 months in Morocco because the only expierence I had was going on holiday and my holidays mainly contains sunbaking/going out/sleeping and so on.
Sunday 7 september:
Today was all about relaxing, I have my own bedroom so I unpacked all my stuff. Like I said today is about relaxing and my uncle has an hamam in his house, this is like a sauna. So the first thing I did after unpacking stuff was going into the hamam. Today is also my first day of ' ramadan in Morocco, and to be honest it is almost the same as in the Netherlands only the weather here is hotter so you get more thirst!
Monday 8 september:
Today was my first day at Memobat. Memobat has an office near to the centre of Kenitra. The office has different departments and is very divers. First thing I had to do was giving an short introduction to the staff of Memobat, so I gave a short description of myself and why I was in Morocco ( in arabic, mine is not very good :). After the introduction I got an guid tour through all the departments from Miss Fatiha Aouizir( whom I already met during my holidays). A short description of Memobat: it is a company which works for the government/individuals and builds highways/luxery houses/appartments in whole Morocco. The office itself takes care with construction works,transport of materials, rental of construction materials, purchase and sales of construction materials.
The staff at Memobat were very friendly and found it very interesting to have a foreign student at Memobat (even when I'm morrocan they still see me as foreign). Well after the guid tour I had small talks with a few of the staff and they explained the main daily taks of themselves. Well it is now in Moroco almost 2'clock in the morning and to be fit tommorow at half past 7 I really have to get some sleep now. Thuesday will follow next time!

Goodnight!!

Geen opmerkingen: